ABOUT DR. CHESNIE
Dr. Chesnie, a board certified cardiologist and lipidologist in Newport Beach, has provided excellence of care and compassion to the patients of Orange County for over 30 years. He is on staff at Hoag Memorial Hospital-Newport Beach.
He has been the Chairman of the Department of Cardiology at Hoag Memorial Hospital for from 2006-2016 and sits on numerous advisory committees. In addition, he is also the CEO of Orange County Cardiovascular MSO (management services organization), which is a group of 30 cardiologist working in collaboration with Hoag Memorial Hospital, Newport Beach to provide excellence of cardiovascular care to the community.
His practice is a solo practice, which is truly a treasure in this era of large group environments.
Dr. Chesnie is a University of Toronto and Harvard trained cardiologist with board certifications from the Royal College of Physicians of Canada as well as the American College of Physicians.
He was a fellow to Dr. Bernard Lown at Harvard School of Public Health.
He established the electrophysiology programs in several Orange County Hospitals, and therefore has a deep understanding of managing arrhythmias. He did the first ablation procedure in Orange County and introduced the implantable defibrillator to this area. He was the founding Medical Director of electrophysiology at Hoag Hospital.
In addition, he is also a board certified lipidologist and works with patients on coronary risk assessment and heart disease prevention. Dr. Chesnie has also become increasingly interested in the aging process and how to live as well as possible within this process. After extensive study, he has passed Certification in BioIdentical Hormone Optimization/Replacement Therapy.
DR. CHESNIE'S CREDENTIALS
- BA in History and Philosophy, York University, Toronto, Ontario
- MD degree, McMaster University, School of Medicine, Hamilton, Ontario
- University of Toronto, Medical internship and residency in Internal Medicine, Cardiology Fellowship
- Harvard School of Public Health and Harvard Medical School; Research Fellowship in Cardiology
- Founder of electrophysiology programs at:
- Western Medical Center, Saddleback Hospital, Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, Hoag Memorial Hospital
- Hoag Memorial Hospital, Medical Director of Electrophysiology, 1999-2004
- Hoag Memorial Hospital, Chair, Department of Cardiology, 2006-2010, 2012-2016
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Clinical Lipidology
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians (Canada)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow National Lipid Association.
- Past Board Member, Pacific Chapter, National Lipid Association
- Certified in BioIdentical Hormonal Optimization
Vicky is the practice manager. She is part of the heart and soul of the practice and she is what makes the office work. She has over 30 years medical office experience. Her organizational skills, her abilities, her memory, and her commitment to get things done are outstanding. She will do everything she can to help our patients get what they need and see to their satisfaction. There is no one in an office environment who is more capable. Her kindness and her caring are completely natural.
Tamara has been with us since July 2015. She will usually be the voice you hear answer the phone when you call. We have cultivated and trained her in the many facets of our cardiology practice. She is very kind and very helpful. She goes the extra mile to help patients with appointments or any other tasks she may be given to handle. We are very glad to have her as part of our team whether she is answering phones or helping out with the back office.
Dr. and Mrs. Chesnie
Dr. Chesnie is from Toronto and Vicky is from Huntington Beach. They have worked together for many years and are very happily married. This is, in fact, what makes their practice very personal! It is a whole different level of commitment. Together they share 5 amazing children. Two sons are in the military- AirForce and Navy. They have six beautiful grandchildren. In addition to providing top-notch care to their patients, the Chesnies' enjoy music, movies, martinis, and spending fun, quality time with their friends and family.
DR. CHESNIE'S OTHER INSPIRATIONS